Remaining on top of Google requires many efforts and you actually need to work simultaneously on several factors. Apart from core SEO strategies you also need to concentrate on social media impact, guest posting, and other similar factors. If you find that you are not able to find any substantial result even after trying your best in the last year, then this is the time to make the resolutions in the new year of 2019. The very first thing is to revise whether you are doing the things in the right way. It will help you to change the way you manage the SEO health of your website.
Here are some guidelines that may help you in doing the things the right way:
Better social media Impact
Social media is the best way to gain maximum popularity in the digital landscape without spending huge money. The best thing is that you don’t even need to have deep knowledge about specific technologies or SEO. All that you need is to create a business page and maintain it on a regular basis.
- Ensure that your social media account/profile should contain your website link. Also, make sure that your profile is up to date and is categorized correctly to match with the actual specifications.
- Major search engines have a strong distaste for exaggeration or overdoing the things for the sake of quick publicity. Hashtags, friends, tagging etc. like salt and pepper. Use them judiciously and they pop open the taste. Overdo and you will spoil your dish. The dish in the question is “Search engine Ranking”!
- Try to search for the influencers who can actively assist, guide (and most importantly) recommend you. That can add much weight to your online presence/impact.
- Engage deeply with the audience. If someone appreciates, thank them nicely and more importantly never ignore the negative comments. Reply such comments calmly and responsibly. In case of any complaint in the services/product, reply them and resolve it in a timely manner. Don’t forget to ask for the feedback once the issue is resolved as that will end the conversation on a positive tone.
Everyone loves his own baby. So, you would certainly have the best things to say about your business. However, the netizens have become much smarter today and you need to prove your authority on other sites too. The best way to do the same is to start publishing guest posts on other informative sites and blogs related to your industry. Along with proving you to be a thought leader, these guest posts also offer you a strong platform to effectively reach many important personalities and potential clients. At the same time, you may also be allowed to place a contextual link in the article that will take the reader to your site. However, you should keep some important things in mind:
- Do not publish the guest posts that lack uniqueness or are simply meaningless
- Don’t be greedy for the links. Focus on quality rather than quantity. Of course, relevance is the key factor to keep in mind.
- Don’t deplete your content with your site links. Use them judiciously only on the appropriate position.
- Write the engaging valuable content that should enrich the readers’ knowledge. Think from the viewpoint of the targeted readers and ensure that your post should have a definite value for them. The posts that offer solid solutions for the complex problems are liked by the audience. Likewise, the posts with practical tips and tricks also win the favor of the clients. You can also share the knowledge that can directly help the readers to enhance their revenue, reputation or business acumen. Never share cosmetic content that only presents the widely known facts rephrased in a fancy language.
- Search for the generic a long tail keywords from the topic on which you want to present the guest posting
- Check the quality of the content your competitors are publishing using the same keywords
- Check the vital stats of the potential links like DA, Google ranking, Alexa ranking etc.
Use of keywords in the content
Several years back, the keyword stuffing was the best way to gain quick popularity, but the Google has evolved a lot and today you just cannot post the shallow content stuffed with keywords and hope to gain a good rank. In fact, such shallow content may also affect your ranking. However, it does not mean that you should not use keywords at all. You just need to make sure that the keywords are inserted naturally and strategically instead of just stuffing them here and there. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Most of the generic keywords ideally have 1-3 words is a safe approach would be to go for 3-word keywords to be used as a generic keyword
- For example, you can experiment with different keyword and identify the best performing keywords on a regional or world level with the help of CTR stats. Hence data efficiency can be measured with more accuracy and you can change the content for the better results, in essence, it helps you to remain agile in building modifying or repairing the strategies.